What is face yoga? And Should I be doing it?
Face yoga is a more organic and alternative option to all those botox and face-lifting procedures. And it has been known to bring about lasting results. Research all around the world has found face yoga may be effective in improving the structural appearance of your face by strengthening the muscles of the cheeks and face.
It’s important to sleep well, reduce stress, and eat healthy these days. Holistic health and self-care are the most important keys to radiant skin so that taking care of your inside brings out your gorgeous outer shine.
Benefits of Face Yoga
- The benefits of face yoga may be more than skin deep. Touted as a natural facelift that enhances your overall well-being as well, practitioners say its benefits are immense. Research supporting these benefits is mounting.
- Face yoga helps to lift and firm the muscles under the skin, which smooths lines and wrinkles. These massages help to boost circulation, improve lymphatic drainage, and release tension. Acupressure techniques boost circulation and relieve stress, which can aid in preventing headaches, releasing sinuses, and enhancing the quality of your sleep.
- Face yoga can relax overactive muscles while toning weaker muscles, which helps to prevent sagging and expression lines.
- Facial exercises have also been hailed as effective in improving the mental health of older people. These exercises can include yogic breathing as well as rhythmic facial movement, muscle stretching, and facial yoga.
- There is research still going on about the effect of face yoga, but these massage techniques may be effective for improving facial appearance, as it also enhances mindfulness and awareness as well.
A bigger list of benefits includes-
- firming the neckline
- promoting proper nostril breathing
- Toning the face muscles
- reprograming muscle memory
- reducing the appearance of dark undereye circles
- improving confidence
- controlling face muscles
- generating positive emotions
- making your face more symmetrical
Some yoga exercises for your face
Always use clean hands and a clean face. Use an oil, serum, or cleansing balm so your fingers can glide easily over your skin without it being too slippery. You can also use a Gua sha tool, as massaging oils or serums with that into your skin can help the product penetrate your skin for deeper absorption.
Relieving some tension
- Press into the inner corner of your eyes for 30 seconds.
- Then circle gently in one direction for 30 seconds.
- Repeat in the opposite direction.
Massage your neck
- Tilt your head back slightly.
- Place your fingers at the top of your neck.
- Now apply gentle pressure as you glide your fingers down to your collarbone.
- Press into your collarbone for a few seconds before releasing your fingers.
- Continue for 30 seconds and get that gorgeous neck ready for some morning action.
Unclench your Jaw
- Start seated. Now make a fist with your left hand and place it on the outside of your jaw with your thumb facing down.
- Turn your head toward your fist, feeling a stretch on the side of your neck.
- Don’t allow your hand to move.
- Then press your jaw toward your hand for a few seconds.
- Now gently release.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Start at your forehead and use your fingertips to rhythmically tap your skin.
- Continue all along your face toward your jaw.
- Now, tap the front of your neck and across your shoulders.
- Then move up along the back of your neck to your head.
- At last, rub your palms together to generate heat.
- Cup your hands over your face and breathe deeply for several breaths. Feel better?